- Finish planting peppers, and other veggies in greenhouse
- Plant tomatoes by fence
- Plant beans side of house
- Pack up winter sowing containers
- Fill bird feeders
- Harvest and freeze chives
- Finish laying the bullet edging
- Home Depot
- Start moving stuff to front garden (perennial relocation project)
- Till annual and tropical gardens
- Start planting annuals
- Plant tropical bulbs
- Create new time-lapse video
- Post time-lapse videos on YouTube
- Write blog posts:
- first harvest
- what's blooming
- Perennial relocation project
|Full sun perennial garden back in the day|
You see, the first garden I ever planted at this house was in full sun. The trees in the neighborhood were all still babies back then. In the ten years since I planted this garden, they have grown to be huge shade trees. So, now half of the garden is mostly shade (the half to the right of the path/bench) Booo!
|Neighbor's trees make for a shady garden|
I knew this was coming for the past few years, and have procrastinated long enough. The full sun plants looked terrible last year, so it's time to move them to a new full sun garden in the front. Once I move everything out, I need to get new plants to fill in the bare spots. I'll keep you posted on the progress of this project in future blog posts.
|New full sun garden bed waiting to be planted|
As for the bullets - they are replacing some old black plastic edging that has been there since the house was built. The old edging was slowly heaving out of the ground, and we kept chopping parts of it up with the lawn mower. It looked terrible. The bullets will look much nicer, don't you think?
|New bullet edging|
Whew, it's going to be a busy weekend! Anyone want to come over and help (ha, ha!)?